JOB TITLE: SENIOR PROGRAMME MANAGER
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, IGS
This position will serve as a senior staff in the institute’s public governance programme, whose overall responsibilities will include among others, responsibility for guiding programme/ project leaders and teams, exercising quality control over their outputs, monitoring their progress, and liaising with project funders. The Senior Programme Manager will coordinate with the Heads/Coordinators of different programmes/ projects of IGS such as academic, research, social accountability and other thematic areas such as Procurement Governance, Environmental Governance, Parliament, etc, in order to achieve optimum synergy within the Institute.
Senior Programme Manager will report to the Director and brief him on new project opportunities, status of existing projects and advice him on project selection/management, program identification, formulation, and development, and strategic directions for the Institute.
A. Planning for New Technical Assistance Projects
- Identify new areas of work/ projects in public governance
- Prepare concept notes on new areas of work for sharing with potential sponsors
- Prepare EOI in the area of public governance
- Prepare project proposals based on commitments
- Engage external professionals if needed to prepare proposals
- Provide conceptual support to develop training and academic programme in the area of public governance.
B. Management and coordination
- Provide leadership to implement the activities through different existing projects
- Provide the Director with reports and information on Institute’s activities and projects in public governance and other areas, as and when required
- Prepare consolidated quarterly reports on existing projects
- Represent Institute in different meetings, when required
- Work together with the functional units of IGS (research, training, teaching, consulting services, advocacy, finance, admin and HR)
- Work together with key management staff to ensure that synergies and lessons learned from the Institute’s research, academic and other programmes are effectively integrated into all the programmes; and ensure that staff and project funders and other stakeholders have access to this knowledge.
C. Liaison with the government
• Liaise with state institutions, which are involved in Institute’s activities
• Seek new partnership with public institutions in the preparation and implementation of governance programmes
D. Liaise with donors/sponsors/partners
• Present proposals to prospective sponsors/donors
• Negotiate with sponsors/donors/foreign institutions to raise funds for Institute’s activities
• Update donors/sponsors on the progress of implementation
• Be the focal point for all donor-supported programme in the area of public governance, procurement.
• Develop partnership with other local and foreign institutions/stakeholders engaged in public governance
E. Monitor progress with a sharp focus on results and quality assurance
• Develop systems and procedures to monitor progress and ensure quality assurance to establish a specialized monitoring and quality assurance cell for the Institute as a whole.
Job Nature: Full Time
Educational Requirements: Masters Degree in Social Sciences/ Development Studies/Masters in Business Administration
• Extensive experience of project management in the governance and development sector in Bangladesh or a developing country
• Skilled in identifying new project opportunities in the governance sector in developing countries
• Experience of developing project proposals to secure funding from national and international sources
• Experience of working with the public sector in Bangladesh/ a developing country will be an advantage
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
SK Center (5th-7th) Floor, JP, JA-04, TB Gate, Mohakhali, Dhaka 1212
Salary for all positions will commensurate qualification and experience. Interested candidates are requested to send their application (covering letter explaining suitability for the position and a CV) to Director, Institute of Governance Studies, BRAC University or email the application to the above address. Please mention the name of the post applying for on the top of the envelope/ subject line of e-mail. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 28 May, 2013